Thursday 8 February 2007

And so it begins!

Head bowed, embarassed, she steps up to the computer and decides to start her own blog. It's about time.

This is a blog for all those other young, struggling writers out there, who are starting to think that it's never going to happen. You know, the days you walk past Tesco and wonder if they're hiring, the umpteenth application you've filled out for an admin job at Dance Theatre Now, where you try to sell your interest in the only time you saw a contemporary dance show, which a coworker most likely dragged you to. Oh, I don't know, I guess this is just a place for me to write about what I love and what I'm going for. Apologies to any of you who find it. This is what blogging is all about, isn't it?

I write this entry from the library at RADA where I just met Caesar from Antony and Cleopatra at the RSC, and we had one of those short but sweet conversations about how great he was and how great Shakespeare is, and what I'm studying. It's all made me feel a bit useless.

C: Are you an NYU student?

D: No, an MA student.

C: Right...

(He nods. I wonder what he's heard about the program.)

Oooh, should I be putting all this on the internet?

I guess that's what blogs are for.

No comments: