Wednesday 10 August 2011

Matters of the day


Today was a good one. Here were the activities I enjoyed in no particular order:

1. Installing the latest version of "Something Very Quiet is About To Happen" in Newington Library in Edinburgh. The staff are brilliant and were really refreshingly excited about having an installation hidden in among the books. It was a great way to spend the morning, and did not take nearly as long as I was expecting to set up.

2. Seeing Thom Tuck's show "Thom Tuck Goes Straight to DVD" about Straight to DVD Disney sequels. I was moved and charmed and entertained. I really really liked this show. I'd recommend it, but I don't know if everyone would like it as much as I did. But if you're someone I would like, then I think you'd probably like this show.

3. Completing the running order with Ross Manson over mint and chilli tea (surprisingly amazing!) for the project I'm working on with Volcano later this year. I spent an inordinate amount of time listening to Handel today, and I really started to get it.

4. Our amazing associate producer Ira arriving and being both relaxed and on it. It was also very exciting to finally see a Forest Fringe face and start to work as a team after a couple of days on my own.

5. Walking across the meadows in the rain with a very handsome umbrella. I think it might have been the first time in a long time that I have enjoyed rain.

Edinburgh is starting to charm me. Forest Fringe starts Monday.

No comments: